Sunday, November 28, 2010

Modern Religious Experience: Personal Commemoration- Reflection #7

Modern Religious Experience: Personal Commemoration- Reflection #7: "Think of an event in your life- past, present or future. You are going to create a commemorative ritual for this event. First, describe the ..."

Something to commemorate in my life was the 14th International Vida Nueva. Although we celebrate this event by hugging anyone who has attended Vida and saying "Happy Fourth Day," this does not last long. For me, Vida Nueva was a time when I got to know myself better, and God better. This commemoration will last from the first Friday 3 o'clock to Sunday 6 o'clock in November. Every hour during this commemoration, I will recite the following:
"Let go and let God."*
During this commemoration, I will not use the computer, cell phone, or any other electronics except my iPod which I will use to listen to praise song, and praise songs only. Until 6 o'clock on Sunday night, I will not look at the watch either. On Saturday night, I will eat green tea pizza and invite my friends to talk about something that happened last year, that impacted our lives a lot.




*Title of one of the Rollos

No comments:

Post a Comment